5-Year Private Well Permit
- Apply for a permit at www.westonwi.gov/ePermits or go to the Private Well Program web page to start (https://westonwi.gov/539/5-Year-Private-Well-Permit).
- After logging in/signing up in our permitting system. Follow the instructions below.
- Click on Permit Application.
- Select Category.
- Select Well.
- Click on Type.
- Select Private Well (5- year) Do not select Private Well (10- & 5- year) as this has different requirements.
- Proceed to find your address.
- Fill out the required information in the yellow highlighted boxes. Any additional information you would like to fill out is appreciated.
- Pay fee ($135).
- After completing the steps above, you will need to contact me to schedule a water sample and cross connection inspection for your private well. Contact information can be found at the bottom of the letter. Appointments can only be scheduled Monday through Wednesday 7AM to 3PM, Thursday 7AM to 11:30AM, Thursday afternoon and Fridays are unavailable due to restricted lab testing hours.
- It is recommended that you bleach your well prior to testing. An example of the bleaching process is attached to this document. If you would like to have a local plumber or certified well driller do an inspection and take a sample, please call to discuss this scenario.
Please note that a private well permit cannot be issued until a safe water sample is collected and a payment is made. The total cost for the Village of Weston portion of a 5- year private well permit is $135. This fee covers one water sample collected and a cross connection inspection. Any additional sampling upon an unsafe water sample result will be $60, as well. If your well needs abandonment, please call me and we can discuss the process.