Chapter 66, Solid Waste Ordinance
The Village of Weston contracts with Advanced Disposal for its Residential (Single-Family to Four-Unit) Refuse and Recycling Services.
Please note to be guaranteed pick up of your refuse and recycling, you must have your carts placed out at the edge of your property by 6:00 a.m. the day of your refuse and recycling collection. The Village's contracted collector shall not be responsible for carts not placed out at the curbside in time.
Curbside Refuse Service
- Refuse collection occurs once per week - Official Refuse and Recycling Area Collection Route Map
- Refuse carts are provided by Advanced Disposal. Two sizes are available: 45-gallon and 95-gallon
Curbside Recycling Services
- Recycling collection occurs once every other week on your refuse pick-up day - Recycling Calendar
- The Village has a new Single Stream Recycling Program that was implemented in January of 2014. Find out more about the In's and Out's of this new program by checking out our YouTube video.
- You can also check out this helpful informational piece on the In's and Out's of Single-Stream Recycling that can be printed off
As of January 1, 2014, the Village of Weston and Town of Weston began Single-Stream Recycling collection. By law every residence and business is required to recycle.
Every household (single-family up to 4-unit apartments) received a 95-gallon recycling cart where all of their recyclables (plastic, glass, aluminum, tin, metal, mixed paper, and cardboard) can be co-mingled into this one 95-gallon cart. This 95-gallon recycling cart looks like your refuse (garbage) cart, except that the recycling cart has a bright yellow lid with the recycling symbol, along with some simple recycling instructions, printed on the lid.
Previously used Recycling Containers
Wondering what to do with recycling containers previously used? Those old recycling containers/bins are yours to keep (unless you are in a rental property where the Landlord provided them for you). Consider using them to neatly store away seasonal items within your home or garage. If you do not have a need for them, you could consider giving them to a family member or a friend who could use them (they do not need to stay within the Village of Weston), or you could consider donating them to Goodwill (http://www.goodwillncw.org/), or perhaps to Peyton's Promise (http://www.peytonspromise.org/), or other local Food Pantry's who uses them to carry all the donated food items they collect in. Another idea would be to list them on Craig's List. If your old recycling containers are in rough shape and need to be disposed of, you can take them to the Recycling Center at Advanced Disposal and place them in their plastics recycling dumpster.