10- & 5- Year Private Well Permit
- Contact and hire a licensed well/licensed pump installer to perform a 10- year licensed well and pressure system inspection. Form 3300-305 must be completed and turned in to the Village of Weston. You will be responsible for the service fee they charge to complete this inspection. Whoever you hire will provide a copy of that form. On the backside of this letter are some companies in the area.
- Once the inspection has been performed, you will need to apply to our online permitting system and apply for a private well permit. Apply for a permit at www.westonwi.gov/ePermits or go to the Private Well Program web page to start (westonwi.gov/810/10--5--Year-Private-Well-Permit).
- After logging in/signing up in our permitting system. Follow the instructions below.
- Click on Permit Application.
- Select Category.
- Select Well.
- Click on Type.
- Select Private Well (10- and 5- year) Do not select Private Well (5- year) as this has different requirements.
- Proceed to find your address.
- Fill out the required information in the yellow highlighted boxes. Any additional information you would like to fill out is appreciated.
- Upload copy of Well Driller or Pump Installer Statement/Report (Form 3300-305).
- Pay fee ($60).
- After completing the steps above, you will need to contact me to schedule a water sample for your private well. Contact information can be found at the bottom of the letter. Appointments can only be scheduled Monday through Wednesday 7AM to 3PM, Thursday 7AM to 11:30AM, Thursday afternoon and Fridays are unavailable due to restricted lab testing hours.
Please note that a private well permit cannot be issued until a safe water sample is collected, receive a well and pressure system inspection sheet (Form 3300-305), and a payment is made. The total cost for the Village of Weston portion of 10- and 5- year private well permit is $60. This fee covers one water sample collected. Any additional sampling upon an unsafe water sample result will be $60, as well. If your well is in need of abandonment please call and we can discuss the process.
Once you have completed these steps, please contact Will Harrison, Private Well Coordinator, at (715) 241-2635, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is where we will schedule a well water sample. If you have an questions regarding the process please contact me.